April 26, 2015

Yonkers, NY Best Kept Secret.... The 12th Annual YoHo Open Studio Weekend May 2nd-3rd 2015

Calling all artists, art enthusiasts and "creatives" like myself, looking for a day of fun and discovery.  The 12th Annual YoHo Open Studio weekend Saturday and Sunday, May 2nd-3rd 2015 is easily the best kept secret in the City of Yonkers.  

I visited the YoHo Open Studio for the first time in 2014 with my 



mom, who is quite the accomplished closet artist herself and she was quite impressed with the eclectic variety of offerings we discovered on our visit.

All of the artists we met were friendly and engaging as we toured the different studios, and there are many.  The artists freely shared their work, individual stories and the inspiration for their work which in many cases were as intriguing as their offerings.

While weekends during the Spring are generally the busiest for me as a Realtor, I will have to block out some time for this event.  I will definitely be returning this year with family and friends to share the fun.  I will also remember to wear comfortable walking shoes as there is so much to see and do throughout the sprawling complex that house the studios.Hope to see you there.

Akim

No comments:

Post a Comment