Tips for Buyers Home Hunting in a Hot Market
We’ve come a long way since the darkest hours of the bottom of the home market. Now, buyers are finding the competition for homes surprisingly stiff. The days of touring twenty homes and deliberating over the tiniest details have slipped away.
So what can you do to increase your odds of getting a home you can love? Here are a few tips to help as you navigate this increasingly active market:
1. Get pre-approved for a loan before you begin shopping. Trust me, browsing without the power to buy is a recipe for heartbreak now. With so many lenders out there, let me help you select the one that’s best suited to your needs.
2. Be clear about the neighborhoods you’re interested in before you shop. Let me help you to understand what the recent trends have been in terms of sales and competition for those sales if possible.
3. Be prepared to lose out on some homes. Yes, it’s likely that one or two great candidates will get away. Mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of being outbid or not getting an offer submitted in time.
4. Let me familiarize you with multiple offer situations. Ask specific questions about how it works and what to expect.
5. Get cutting edge MLS information and/or information on homes not yet on the market. Hot sheets and inside information on potential new listings can position you for first in line. Work with an agent who has access to the latest information and a solid network of connections in the community.
6. In some instances it makes sense to make offers on multiple properties and see which gets accepted first. If you have four homes which meet your criteria, don’t go round robin on the offers. Write four and see what shakes out.
I’ve seen what it takes to win a great home in a booming market, and would be glad to guide you through the experience. And sellers, this is also a great time to get in touch and list your home!: [Contact me for more information at: (914) 374-8354 Akim.Smyer@cbmoves.com]